[Tutor] shutil.rmtree on win32 with read-only files

Terence Lo tlo@aw.sgi.com
Tue Apr 15 12:30:04 2003

hi there,

i was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem.  i'm trying to
write a customized version of rmtree which can handle win32 read-only files.

I've pondered the idea of doing something similar to:
os.system('attrib -R ' + path + '/* /S')

but unfortunately, the win32/dos attrib command does not contain any
recursive directory replacement.  or at least i couldn't find a switch that
does this.

so my question is, is there a quick way of handling or chaning the
permissions of read-only files on windows for python or will i have to
settle for a recursive function that will do this for me.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Terence