[Tutor] Using __setattr__

Tony Cappellini tony@tcapp.com
Sat Apr 19 03:28:01 2003

--=====================_34456986==_.ALT

I'm trying to use __setattr__ in  a class I"m writing, but have been having
problems getting it to work.

I've looked on Active state and found references to this
self.__dict__['modified'] = 1

I would like to know more about what 'modified' = 1 does, and when I would
need use it.
The books I have on Python don't go into much detail on overloading methods
like __setattr__

thanks

I'm trying to use __setattr__ in&nbsp; a class I&quot;m writing, but have
been having problems getting it to work.<br><br>
I've looked on Active state and found references to this<br>
I would like to know more about what 'modified' = 1 does, and when I
would need use it. <br>
The books I have on Python don't go into much detail on overloading
methods like __setattr__<br><br>
thanks<br><br>