Reply to list... Re: [Tutor] Re: you may regret that comment Magnus!!

Blake Winton bwinton@latte.ca
Mon Feb 3 10:55:06 2003

* Kalle Svensson <kalle@lysator.liu.se> [030203 10:11]:
> > But perhaps it would still be better with reply-to set to
> > the mailing list. I guess this is configurable. Danny?
> No, it isn't (better).  Please read '"Reply-To" Munging Considered
> Harmful' (http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html).

And while you're there, read '"Reply-To" Munging Considered Useful'
(http://www.metasystema.org/essays/reply-to-useful.mhtml)

I would tend to side with the "Don't Munge" crowd, but it is
still an open question.

(Actually, now I'm starting to like the third option:
 http://www.mindspring.com/~pwiseman/reply-to.html
 which is set it, unless the user has already set it.)

Later,
Blake.
--
 11:51am  up  2:20,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00