[Tutor] List exercise

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Mon Feb 10 07:07:01 2003

> Anyway do you guys think that "Thinking Like a Computer
> Scientist:Learning with Python" is the best tutorial for an absolute
> beginner?

I'm biased, but really it doesn't matter which one *I* think is best.
What matters is which *you* think is best....Different strokes
for different folks etc.

The good thing about Python is that there are at least 4 good
tutors for complete beginners. Thats about 3 more than for most
languages.

If one doesn't work for you then try one of the others, anything you learn
on one will transfer to the others fairly seamlessly so you should cruise
through the early stages till you get to the next hurdle. The new approach
might make it clearer than the previous one.

Do the examples, try modifying them and make sure you understand
what changed and why. If stuck as on the list. Have fun.

Enjoy,

Alan g.
Author of the Learn to Program website
http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/