[Tutor] how to write documentation for a script

Paul Tremblay phthenry@earthlink.net
Mon Feb 10 14:52:02 2003

I have written a script that converts RTF to XML. The script is in perl,
and I wish to convert it to Python.

Is there a way to include documentation within the actual script, as you
can in perl? The book I have on Pyton, called *Core Pyton,* states that
you put the documentation between quotation marks right after the
startup line:

#!usr/bin/python

" This script converts Microsoft RTF to XML.."

However, this only allows for the simplest form of documentation. You
can't bold words, make headers, and do other things that you can in
perl.

I'm not complaining. I just want to make sure that I'm not missing
something. I would like my script to have really nice documentation.

Thanks

Paul

--

*Paul Tremblay         *