[Tutor] how to write documentation for a script

Bob Gailer ramrom@earthling.net
Mon Feb 10 16:48:11 2003

--=======33AF436=======

At 02:51 PM 2/10/2003 -0500, Paul Tremblay wrote:
>Is there a way to include documentation within the actual script? The book
>I have on Pyton, called *Core Pyton,* states that
>you put the documentation between quotation marks right after the startup
>line.

Any line can be or end with a comment. Just start the comment with #. The
"documentation between quotation marks right after the startup line" is a
special comment known as a doc string; it becomes a property of the object
being documented, and is accessible using objectname.__doc__.

Bob Gailer
mailto:ramrom@earthling.net
303 442 2625

---