[Tutor] tabs or spaces (the endless debate!)

Erik Price eprice@ptc.com
Mon Feb 17 10:13:02 2003

R. Alan Monroe wrote:

> In my mind, it's vaguely similar to the same kind of debate as using
> Italic tags vs. Emphasis tags in HTML. Do you mark up for looks
> (spaces), or do you mark up to indicate the nature of the content
> (tabs)? Again that's just my crazy opinion :^)

It's Emphasis tags for text you want emphasized (since tags describe
content), and then you use a style sheet to dictate an italic
appearance.  If you want italics but don't mean to emphasize (say, in
your copyright notice or something), just use a <span class="copyright">
section with a style sheet rule to italicize them.

Erik