[Tutor] CellColor in excel

janos.juhasz@VELUX.com janos.juhasz@VELUX.com
Wed Jun 4 11:42:02 2003

Hy All,

can someone show me, how the backgroud color of a cell in MS Excel can =
be
set to RED.

I copied a simple module from the book  'Programming on win32', written=
 by
Mark Hammond & Andy Robinson. It is a very nice and usefull book.

import win32com.client

class easyExcel:
      def __init__(self, filename=3DNone):
            """Megnyitja az excel f=E1jlt."""
            self.xlApp =3D win32com.client.Dispatch('Excel.Application'=
)
            self.filename =3D filename
            self.xlBook =3D self.xlApp.Workbooks.Open(filename)

      def save(self, newfilename=3DNone):
            if filename:
                  self.filename =3D newfilename
                  self.xlApp.SaveAs(self.filename)
            else:
                  self.xlApp.Save()

      def close(self):
            self.xlBook.Close(SaveChanges=3D0)
            del self.xlApp

      def GetCell(self, sheet, row, col):
            sht =3D self.xlApp.WorkSheets(sheet)
            return sht.Cells(row, col).Value

      def SetRed(self, sheet, row, col):
            sht =3D self.xlApp.WorkSheets(sheet)
            sht.Cells(row, col).ColorIndex =3D 3

But the SetRed function wouldn't like to work :(
I know I had seen example for this, but I did't know where.

Best regards,
Juh=E1sz J=E1nos
IT department

VELUX Magyarorsz=E1g