[Tutor] Is the list working? [slightly off-topic]

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Jun 6 16:57:01 2003

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Guillaume wrote:

> All is in the title. I'm quite worry coz I've got no news from the list
> since yesterday Is it normal or have I a problem with my mail box? Thanx

Hi Guillaume,

I did notice a few small hiccups on my mail service, but that's probably
because of actions some Internet Service Providers are taking against the
recent Bugbear.B virus outbreak.  Stanford, at least, took some really
major actions: we couldn't send email out for about a day... *grin*

It's very possible, then, that your service provider is taking some
extreme measures too, so the list might be a little less busy for a few
days.

For more information on Bugbear.B, see:

    http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32bugbearb.html

Good luck!