[Tutor] mod_python question

Timothy M. Brauch tbrauch@mindless.com
Wed Jun 11 01:36:02 2003

Okay, I've got mod_python installed and it works, at least for the test
script they give you in the documentation.  Now onto more pressing
questions.  I know this was discussed on 28 April 2003, but I am unclear
about the answer.

How can I run a bunch o' python scripts without typing

<Directory /some/directory/htdocs/test>
  AddHandler python-program .py
  PythonHandler mptest
  PythonDebug On
</Directory>

for each script.  The answer that was given (by one Emil Styrke) was to read
http://www.modpython.org/live/mod_python-2.7.8/doc-html/hand-cgi.html. I
read it.  Again and again.  And I'm still confused.  And, what if I am messy
and want my scripts to be located all over the place and not in one neat
little directory.  Actually, I want people to be able to put a script or two
in /~user directories.

Once we tackle this question, I've got another one about writing code.

 - Tim