[Tutor] The course of M. Gauld +a console problem

Poor Yorick gp@pooryorick.com
Wed Jun 11 03:42:02 2003

What I meant was that you do the following steps in Windows:

1.  From Windows Explorer, choose the "Tools" menu
2.  In the "Tools" menu, choose "File Types"
3.  Find the ".py" extension in the list.  Highlight it, and choose
"Advanced"
4.  Click on the "New" button
5.  in the "Action" field, type "Run and Remain"
6.  in the "Application used to Perform Action" menu type cmd.exe /k
c:\python22\python.exe "%1" %*

This is how I set it up in Windows 2000.  On other versions of windows
the steps might be slightly different.

Another thing I like is the "command prompt here" menu item:  Here's the
registry info:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Command Prompt Here]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Command Prompt Here\command]
@="cmd.exe /k cd \"%1\""

Poor Yorick