[Tutor] IDLE under redhat 9

Magnus Lyckå magnus@thinkware.se
Fri Jun 20 18:52:30 2003

At 18:14 2003-06-20 -0500, Jeffrey Haun wrote:
>Having a hard time getting idle to start under redhat. I keep getting
>errors about missing modules. Tried looking at the site.py file, but not
>sure what to do with it. When to python.org for help, but didn't find
>anything that addresses this.

It's much easier to help you with this if you tell us
exactly what errors you get.

You shouldn't have to touch site.py as far as I understand.

IDLE obviously needs X to run, and it also needs Tcl/Tk.

How did you install Python? Are you using the vanilla
Redhat RPM, or did you build from source? I really assume
that the Redhat RPMs should be able to handle the
dependencies. Was IDLE included in your install, or did
you add that yourself?

What about doing "import Tkinter" in a Python interpreter?

--
Magnus Lycka (It's really Lyckå), magnus@thinkware.se
Thinkware AB, Sweden, www.thinkware.se