[Tutor] jpg to doc conversion

Shobhan Challa shobhan.challa at cybernetsoft.com
Wed Nov 5 23:57:17 EST 2003

Hi Alan,

Yes, what i mean is typically the jpg files are images of text, and i
want to convert them to Microsoft Word .doc format.

Any ideas about any Open Source apps...??

Thanks and regards
Schalla

> Im new to python, I have an idea about converting jpg/jpeg image
files
> into doc files. The jpg files contain text and the text should be
> converted into doc format.

You mean the jpg files are images of text - eg from a scanner?
And you want to perform a kind of OCR function on them to convert
it to text, but in a Doc format (I assume you mean Microsoft Word .doc
and not any other proprietary format called .doc - there are several!)

Before we all start jumping in with ideas can you confirm that's what
you mean please?

Alan G.