[Tutor] Re: Productivity

Andrei project5 at redrival.net
Wed Sep 10 03:25:39 EDT 2003

Ronan Lucio wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I used to make my Python CGI's in the vi editor.
>
> Now, I'm looking for the ways to optimize the productivity
> of the development tasks.
>
> Could anyone say me what the better ways/tools to develop
> python programs/cgis?
>
> Thank's
> Ronan

Personally, I like SciTE and PythonWin. There is also a new editor called Spe.
It's only at version 0.16 and still has some bugs and lacks some features, but
it's looking extremely promising as far as I can tell (code completion, class
browser, etc.) - I started using it yesterday.
Eric looks nice too, but being mainly a Windows user, I really can't be bothered
with all that QT stuff (I think I still haven't found the download location of
the free version on the TrollTech page).

--
Yours,

Andrei

=====
Mail address in header catches spam. Real contact info (decode with rot13):
cebwrpg5 at bcrenznvy.pbz. Fcnz-serr! Cyrnfr qb abg hfr va choyvp cbfgf. V ernq gur
yvfg, fb gurer'f ab arrq gb PP.