[Tutor] Productivity

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Sep 10 23:55:43 EDT 2003

> Some months ago I have developed some programs in Java
> and I used Eclipse IDE.
>
> It has many features like: auto-complete loops structures, function
> declaration and do a sintaxe check on the language.

OK, if those are the features you use (and for beginners still
learning the language they can help I guess) I'd go with Pythons
native IDE, IDLE.

Provided your installation has Tkinter instaloled(default for
Windows) then IDLE will do all of the things you mentioned.

If you are on Windows and got the ActiveState version of
Python or installed winall you also can use Pytonwin. There is
not a lot to choosebetween the two IMHO.

Alan G.