[Tutor] Memory optimization needed: tarball

Jonathan Hayward http://JonathansCorner.com jonathan.hayward at pobox.com
Sat Sep 13 21:33:08 EDT 2003

I have a search engine I'm working on which uses memory inefficiently
for large data. It indexes to avoid the cost of keeping documents in
memory, but with a 150M dataset it takes 250M. Unlike previous requests
where I didn't provide a good way to use it, I now have a tarball with
installer:

http://haywardfamily.org/jonathan/datamine0_0.tar.gz

I would welcome help cutting down memory taken by large datasets.

Thanks in advance,

++ Jonathan Hayward, jonathan.hayward at pobox.com
** To see an award-winning website with stories, essays, artwork,
** games, and a four-dimensional maze, why not visit my home page?
** All of this is waiting for you at http://JonathansCorner.com