[Tutor] Beginner @ python

Anthony Huddleston t0ny1 at knology.net
Sun Sep 14 10:13:51 EDT 2003

Ok, Silly questions here...:)
I started learning Python just the other day, mostly because my nephew (11yrs old) wants to learn to be a programmer. I like the language and the way it flows, but so far I haven't seen anything, that I'm aware of, that was written for Windows in Python (i.e. I haven't seen any executable Windows programs *.exe). Is that because people "port" programs over to the Microsoft OS or does Python always need to have the interpreter installed on the machine it's on?
Thanks,
Tony H.