[Tutor] List of available modules

Gonçalo Rodrigues op73418 at mail.telepac.pt
Fri Apr 9 17:36:01 EDT 2004

Em Fri, 9 Apr 2004 14:03:47 -0700 (PDT), Marilyn Davis
<marilyn at deliberate.com> atirou este peixe aos pinguins:

>I think I remember that I can import something so that I can look at
>the list of available modules.  Can anyone remind me of how that goes?

What do you mean by "list of available modules", the modules that are
available for import? As far as I know there isn't one. There can be
many such, not just the ones from the standard library but also
third-party ones. The docs are your best bet.

The *already imported* modules? Then

>>> import sys
>>> print sys.modules
{'code': <module 'code' from 'C:\Python23\lib\code.pyc'>,

[long list snipoped]

With my best regards,
G. Rodrigues