[Tutor] ": No such file or directory"

tpc at csua.berkeley.edu tpc at csua.berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 29 14:54:51 EDT 2004

Hi everybody, has anybody gotten the strange message above when trying to
execute a Python script from command line ?  I wrote it on a Linux box and
ported it to Windows by adding and commenting out a few lines.  It was
working fine then today it started to behave strangely by not completely
finishing executing all the lines of code.  I decided to bring the script
back to Linux to see if I could get error messages from the command line
to see where the problem was.  When I made the necessary changes and
executed it, I got:

<paste>
nike:/var/www/html# ./parseDonations.py
: No such file or directory
</paste>

I then tried a diff between the two scripts (i.e, the script before I
ported it to Windows, and the script after I ported it back to Linux),
and for some strange reason diff gave me the entire two files, as if
there was nothing in common between the two, even though my eyes could see
clearly chunks of code that were exactly the same.  Am I doing something
wrong ?