[Tutor] Komodo

Lloyd Kvam pythonTutor at venix.com
Fri Aug 20 17:56:28 CEST 2004

Importing your code checks the syntax.  It does actually execute your
module, but if the working code is protected by

if __name__ == '__main__':

then your functions and classes will not get invoked.

pychecker is included with the recent Python distributions.  It checks
your code for inconsistent usage.  The old C lint utility did the same
for C programs before the C language syntax was tightened to allow the
compiler to catch most problems.