[Tutor] webpage editor with GUI, i still have a NoneType error

matthew mazzola mdmazzola at charter.net
Tue Feb 10 22:02:19 EST 2004

Python file is attached.  I created this same thing without GUI and it worked with the help of Bob G. but when i tried to convert it to GUI i get a-

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python22\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1316, in __call__
    return apply(self.func, args)
  File "C:\Python22\webpage_editor_GUI.py", line 162, in create_file_onSubmit
    title = self.title
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

-error and i didn't assign variables that are strings to None so i didn't think i had any NoneType objects.  Another thing is that the error pops up as soon as i run it so my submit button might not be working. 1 more thing, i keep gettin these auto replys because i'm not a member and they think i'm spammer so if you know a way to find my news server name besides callin ISP that would be great?

hope i'm not bothering you guys with these stupid questions but you got to start somewhere.

python wannabe,
-Matt