FW: [Tutor] Relative Paths

Crabtree, Chad Chad.Crabtree at nationalcity.com
Thu May 6 14:01:37 EDT 2004

> Does anyone know how to set relative paths in Windows?
>
> For example:
>
> I have a file called C:\Student\PYTH\Database\Coordinates.txt
> on my machine.
> Is there anyway to just specify \Database\Coordinates.txt and
> have it look
> on my machine for that folder?
> I thought four backslashes would do it, but I can't seem to
> get it to work.

to go up a tree you would need to do
'./subdir/subdir/filename'  it's the '.' infront that says this directory
 or
'../siblingdirectory/subsibling/filename' the '..' in this case moves down
one dir. so your could go down
four levels bye typeing '../../../../dir/filename'

***National City made the following annotations

This communication is a confidential and proprietary business communication.
It is intended solely for the use of the designated recipient(s).  If this
communication is received in error, please contact the sender and delete this
communication.