[Tutor] sys.path contains a nonexistent zip file

David Carter dactex at swbell.net
Fri Nov 5 23:36:42 CET 2004

When I import sys and examine the value of sys.path, sys.path in my Python
2.3.3 installation contains 'D:\\WINNT\\system32\\python23.zip'. This file
does not exist.  Does anyone how to remove it more or less permanently from
the sys.path?

I've tried examing and editing the PythonPath from within Mark Hammond's
PythonWin, but that value doesn't seem to show up in the "Browse PythonPath"
or "Edit PythonPath" Tools.

It's not hurting anything being there (as far as I know), I just want the
path to be clean of extraneous material, so to speak.

David Carter