[Tutor] sys.path contains a nonexistent zip file

Kent Johnson kent_johnson at skillsoft.com
Sun Nov 7 16:07:15 CET 2004

This path element is added by Python as part of the boot process. The
intent seems to be to allow the python library to be in a zip file without
breaking the boot. See the "Booting" section of PEP 273 for more
information: http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0273.html

I suggest you just ignore the extra path element, it isn't hurting
anything. If you really can't stand it, you could write a site-customize.py
module that deletes it; sys.path is a mutable list, you can change it
however you like.

Let me know if you want more details...
Kent