[Tutor] multidemisional arrays

Diana Furr dleigh0 at carolina.rr.com
Sat Nov 13 22:06:26 CET 2004

Please someone help me. I don't know where else to look. I have tried everything I've seen to get this to work right but I must be doing something wrong.
This is the program:

i=0
howMany=input('How many artists will you enter? ')
paintings=[]#painting
artists=[]#artist
values=[]#value
for i in range(0,howMany,1):
    painting=raw_input('Painting Name ')
    artist=raw_input('Artist Name ')
    value=input('Painting Value ')
    paintings+=[painting]
    artists+=[artist]
    values+=[value]
    artists=zip(artists,paintings,values)
    artists.sort()
    i=i+1
n=0
for n in range(0,howMany,1):
    print artists[n]

I need the program to sort the artists alphabetically. I can do that but I'm having trouble with the other lists. When I print it needs to look like this:
Artist    Painting    Value
Alecia    Flowers    10
Diana    Apples       15

When I print it looks like this:
('Alecia', 'Flowers', 10)
(('Diana', 'Apples', 15), 'Apples', 15)

Why does the , 'Apples', 15) print and how can I loose the parenthesis and quotation marks.
Thanks in advance.