[Tutor] Search tool

Jonathan Hayward jonathan.hayward at pobox.com
Sat Sep 25 16:54:15 CEST 2004

I found out what was causing the bug I was struggling with in the tool I
was working on.

At present the search engine is intended to allow any of three basic
operations, and any appropriate combination:

1: Keyword, with "*" wildcard allowed ("read*" should match read, reads,
readable, reading, etc.).
2: Boolean, allowing and, or, not, and parentheses.
3: Quotations enclosed in double quotes.

Right now everything but the wildcard works, but they don't work
together. I'd like to have them all working, and working when you use
them together. If you could look at
http://haywardfamily.org/jonathan/searchlog1_0_1_b.tar.gz , I'd
appreciate it.

++ Jonathan Hayward, jonathan.hayward at pobox.com
** To see an award-winning website with stories, essays, artwork,
** games, and a four-dimensional maze, why not visit my home page?
** All of this is waiting for you at http://JonathansCorner.com