[Tutor] Presentation

Paul Hartley p.hartley at spitech.com
Tue Feb 1 17:35:41 CET 2005

I am trying to get Python established here in the Philippines. Currently I am in charge of operations at a business based in Manila and I have asked my IT staff to start using Python (with some success).

A local university has now asked that I give a talk to their IT people on Python - so here is an opportunity to spread the word and get some more converts and maybe introduce python into their computer science courses.

Any help I can get would be much appreciated - such as language comparisons, companies and systems that use python, debates about what python is good for (almost everything), examples of elegant code..

When I was a member of the Forth Interest Group in the USA we learned that Forth was used on the buggy that went to mars, that it started life controlling huge radio telescopes which only had 4k (yes 4k) of memory for both language and application.

Anything like the above concerning python would be useful.

Any other suggestions would help also, the audience will have computers, so a demonstration of small workshop would also be good - the presentation/session is for 4 hours on the 10th February.

Paul