[Tutor] Presentation

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Tue Feb 1 04:18:58 CET 2005

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Paul Hartley wrote:

> When I was a member of the Forth Interest Group in the USA we learned
> that Forth was used on the buggy that went to mars, that it started life
> controlling huge radio telescopes which only had 4k (yes 4k) of memory
> for both language and application.
>
> Anything like the above concerning python would be useful.

I just did a google on "Pyton success stories," and found this page, which
you may find useful.

http://www.pythonology.com/success

See also the two O'Reilley links on that page.

Since you mentioned use in space exploration, always a sexy example, I
search for "Nasa Python" also turned up these:

 NASA Ames Processing in Python:
http://home.badc.rl.ac.uk/astephens/software/nappy/

 Space shuttle engineers use Python to streamline mission design:
http://builder.com.com/5100-6401-1045764.html

... and others.