[Tutor] replaying

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 19 00:51:58 CEST 2005

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, geon wrote:

> Seems to me as very unuseful thing in this forum, when I choose Replay
> to any message, the field "to whom or Receiver" is all the time not
> tutor at python.org but the original sender! Why? I can not understand
> that?

[meta: mailing list admin stuff]

Hi Geon,

Yes, we've considered this before.  It's actually not that difficult to
enable this from the mailing list admin interface, so if we ever find the
need to do this, I'll be happy to.

However, there are significant downsides to enabling Reply-to munging:

I agree with most of those reasons, and so I won't enable Reply-to munging
unless there's a real overriding reason that trumps the ones listed on
that page.

Hope that makes sense!