[Tutor] replaying

geon geon at post.cz
Tue Jul 19 07:12:54 CEST 2005

Danny Yoo napsal(a):

>However, there are significant downsides to enabling Reply-to munging:
>
>    http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
>
>I agree with most of those reasons, and so I won't enable Reply-to munging
>unless there's a real overriding reason that trumps the ones listed on
>that page.

Firtsly, sorry for my English.

Then I must must admit I didnt understand all what is written  in
http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html and even I didnt read it
attentively. Anyway the main reason IMHO why he decided to do so is
having Elm (or even creating it?) which *easily* (I could say freedomly
for "lector"=helper) supports both sending to mailing list and to
original sender.

I got tho some reason against:

* I like to help. But I like to help all, All should have benefit from
my replay. I know this from my own experience. Often, very often I
browse the old messages and read what other wrote. Its also good when
there are always the same questions.... My effort shouldnt die
immendiately after sending my replay. The freedom of all is more that
freedom of one.

* My TB doesnt support it. And maybe even others mail clients.Its really
wasting of time to change the adress all the time. I like to help, but
if the was more of such a inconvieniencies I would give it up. My time
is expensive :-)

* There is no reason for questioner not to like to see my replay in
mailing list, I think. Why would he do it? Why should he want me just
for him?

To be able to read your replay pls use easy english ;-)

--
geon
Vyjímka je pravidlo. Rekurzivní.