[Tutor] Running range scripts in IDE

typetext typetext at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 16:45:50 CEST 2005

I am using I. Langingham's Teach yourself Python in 24 hours, and up
to chapter 4 I had no problem. I have installed the IDE , and as far
as I know, all the other programs associated with Python, and had been
batting along with no problem, using simple scripts such as "hello
world" in notepad or notetab (another text processor) until I hit the
range function. Then I tried to save and run a script with the
following content.

range(10)

which returns the expected output when I type the command directly on
the prompt line of IDE, but just returns either nothing or the words
range(10) when I use the run command and try to do it as script, saved
as r10.py or a number of other names ending with the extention .py. I
realize this might be an elementary question, but I am stuck. What am
I doing wrong? I am using Windows XP.

Michael Riggs
Seattle