[Tutor] Running range scripts in IDE

Pujo Aji ajikoe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 17:00:59 CEST 2005

On 6/10/05, typetext <typetext at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using I. Langingham's Teach yourself Python in 24 hours, and up
> to chapter 4 I had no problem. I have installed the IDE , and as far
> as I know, all the other programs associated with Python, and had been
> batting along with no problem, using simple scripts such as "hello
> world" in notepad or notetab (another text processor) until I hit the
> range function.

What IDE do you use ?

Then I tried to save and run a script with the
> following content.
>
> range(10)
>
> which returns the expected output when I type the command directly on
> the prompt line of IDE, but just returns either nothing or the words
> range(10)

Can you show us what your input and output.

Don't forget to type print to show something in the console.

print range(10) # will give [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9]

good luck
pujo

when I use the run command and try to do it as script, saved