[Tutor] Help with Tkinter teachers' report program?

Alan G alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Fri Jun 24 21:39:38 CEST 2005

> suggest a way of implementing many more statements? Tabbed frames
> would be a good way forward (where each tab is a school subject) but
> under Tkinter they don't appear to be that easy.

Faking tabbed frames is fairly easy.

Baasically its two frames one on top of the other, the top
one is the tab set and the bottom the tab content selected.
As you click a button simply unpack the current frame an
pack the new one. Remember to change the highlighting of
the selected tab by changing button appearance in some way.

The principle is easy even if requiring a little bit of effort.
We did this with an Oracle Forms application about 12 years
ago when tabbed displays were very new and very sexy! :-)

Alan G