[Tutor] using -i flag with '''if __name__ == "__main__":'''

Max Noel maxnoel_fr at yahoo.fr
Fri May 20 00:31:30 CEST 2005

On May 19, 2005, at 23:05, Terry Carroll wrote:

> Thanks to you both.  I think I may need to step up my "development
> environment" beyond emacs and a command line.

     Actually, if you're having problems with debugging your problem,
what you should step up is your approach to debugging/testing.
     Unit tests (the unittest module, which is itself derived from
the Java JUnit framework) are an instance of BestThingEver,
especially if you're using the OO paradigm. They basically allow you
to prove the correctness of each part of your program.
     And trust me, the time you take to write them is by far lower
than the time they save you tracking and correcting bugs if you don't.

-- Max
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting
and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge
a perfect, immortal machine?"