[Tutor] Python in HTML

Liam Clarke cyresse at gmail.com
Sat May 21 05:15:09 CEST 2005

Hi Orri, I've pondered that too, and you're out of luck, I think.

There is a Javascript/XUL/XBL/XPCOM interface in Mozilla browsers, it's
quite low level and messy, and there's an XPCOM/Python interface also, but
it's quite beta and hard to use.

You can use Python like PHP or Perl, but it does need to be installed server
side. For client-side execution, Javascript is the best way to go.

If you want, send me your script that's not working, and I'll see if I can
help, Javascript is a nasty beast at times. I also know some limited XPCOM
stuff, if it would help any.

Regards,

Liam Clarke

On 5/21/05, Orri Ganel <singingxduck at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've been trying to use javascript for coding something on a webpage,
> and I've just about given up on understanding the intricacies of why a
> given script will work now and not in 5 minutes, and why any bit of code
> longer than 5 lines doesn't behave as documented. Therefore, I thought
> it would be a smart idea if I could figure out how to somehow replace
> the javascript in the html with python. However, everything I've seen
> online seems to require installing something on the server, which I
> don't have access to. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Orri
>
> --
> Email: singingxduck AT gmail DOT com
> AIM: singingxduck
> Programming Python for the fun of it.

'There is only one basic human right, and that is to do as you damn well
please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, to take the consequences.'