[Tutor] Are Empty "Placeholder" Functions possible?

Gooch, John John.Gooch at echostar.com
Thu May 26 17:42:47 CEST 2005

Is there a way to create an empty function definition with no lines of code
in it? In my coding style I will often do this ( in other languages ) for
RAD just to remind myself that I will need to implement the function later.

Example: For a file handling class, I may need functions such as
copy,delete,move,etc so I want to start off with:

class FileHandler:
	def __init__(self):

	def copy(self):

	def delete(self):
	.
	.
	.

then in my driver/aka testing file:

import FileHandler

def main()
	MyHandler = FileHandler()
	print "Handler Created."

main()

Right now, this won't work as the compliler will error on functions with
nothing in them. Is there a "no-op", "do nothing", or some similar command I
can put in the empty functions to keep the compiler/interpreter from
erroring on them? This would really help speed up my development so that I
can create the class skeleton quickly and then implement each function and
test it as I go.

Thank You,

John A. Gooch
Systems Administrator