[Tutor] Program to lock folders under win32

jfouhy@paradise.net.nz jfouhy at paradise.net.nz
Fri May 27 00:06:51 CEST 2005

Quoting Mark Kels <mark.kels at gmail.com>:

> I want to make a program to lock folders (so the user can only access
> them if he knows the password) under win32, the only problem is that I
> have no idea how to start or what to do. Do you guys have any ideas of
> how to do it?

Is your program going to be running all the time?

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/65203 is a recipe
showing how to lock files on POSIX and Win32.  So possibly you could do
something like that, where your program acquires locks on all the files and then
releases the lock when given the password...

--
John.