[Tutor] New GUI module

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Sun Sep 4 20:50:08 CEST 2005

Alan G wrote:
> Currently learning JSP with the aid of the NetBeans IDE...
> Next step: integrating Jython with JSP and NetBeans... :-)

It's very easy to write a servlet in Jython, Jython ships with Java wrapper class that will load a Jython servlet and delegate to it. A nice dynamic way to develop a web site is to use Jython servlets as controllers and your favorite template engine (I like Velocity) for the views. Should work with a type-2 JSP setup as well. And some of the Java web frameworks have done some work to allow actions to be written in Jython.