[Tutor] G'day

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 11:02:01 CET 2006

On 16/02/06, John Connors <oztriking at hotmail.com> wrote:
> My 1st dumb question: I have a copy of Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours,
> printed in 2000 so I guess it's virtually usless but i was hoping to learn
> some of the basics from it. There is a small bit of code near the
> beginning...

I missed the original post but....

The book is sufficiently basic that virtually everything is still valid so
no problems there. The biggest issue is that it uses the string module
functions rather than the newer string methods but thats easily fixed
later, and the string module is still there so his code works... Its not
a bad book IMHO apart from Ivan's fixation with Mayan calendars! :-)

> print "Hello, World!"
>
> print ' 'Goodbye, World!"

If you are referring to the bit on page 25 it is the same style of
quote in both examples in my copy of the book. Are you sure
its different? Or are you looking at another page?

Alan G
Author of the learn to program web tutor