[Tutor] G'day

John Connors oztriking at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 18 13:11:47 CET 2006

G'day,

Thanks to the people who replied, I only found them today and hopefully I
didn't miss any. For some reason hotmail was sending them to junk even
though it allowed the 1st message through and I had added tutor at python.org
to my contact list. Should be sorted now I hope!

> > print "Hello, World!"
> >
> > print ' 'Goodbye, World!"
>
>If you are referring to the bit on page 25 it is the same style of
>quote in both examples in my copy of the book. Are you sure
>its different? Or are you looking at another page?

It was a library book and I have taken it back, there was typos all through
it. I figured out that most of the syntax errors I was getting were from
incorrect indentation. I knew indentation was important in python but I
didn't realise it would return a syntax error if it was wrong. Not the
authors fault BTW, just errors in the printing I think.

I'm now using an ebook I found called Dive Into Python. I much prefer using
a book so I can duck back a few pages to refresh my memory and reading on
the monitor is a real pain. It seems an excellent reference though so I'll
get around to printing it out sooner or latter (when the Mrs isn't here so
she won't complain about me wasting ink and paper).

John