[Tutor] yeah

ryan luna ryan_gm at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 19 02:57:38 CET 2006

Hi Hans and Adam,

Just wanted to point out: next time, let's try to
figure out why Ryan
had
problems with this, rather than directly give a
working answer.

For example, we can ask things like: what part did
Ryan get stuck on?
Was it unfamiliarity with the things we can do with
slices, or
something
else?  What did Ryan try?  What did Ryan look at?  Are
there programs
that
Ryan has written that are similar to the one he's
asking about?

The reason for the caution is this: the reversal
question he asked felt
way too much like a homework exercise.  I hate being
pedantic, but it
is
something we should be thinking about.

yeah, that was something i should know so i whent back
and read the whole chapter of the book that told me to
write such a program, the problem is i was out of it
when i read that part that nothing stuck, ^^