[Tutor] Offtopic observation

Jonathon Sisson sisson.j at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 21:32:25 CEST 2006

Kent Johnson wrote:
>> From: Danny Yoo <dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu>
>> On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, doug shawhan wrote:
>>
>>> This marks the third time this week I have been typing in a question for
>>> the group, and have made the answer apparent just by trying to explain
>>> my question clearly.
>> Yes.  *grin*  It's a very powerful technique.  Writing does this for me as
>> well.
>
> For me it's often talking. I have a friend in the office I go to when I am stuck on something. He's a very powerful listener - often by the time I am done describing the problem and the available options I have settled on an answer.
>
> Kent

I want one of those...hahaha...someone who would listen long enough for
me to settle on an answer on my own?  God, you're a lucky person.  If I
so much as shape my mouth like the word "computer" is going to come out,
my wife runs for cover...my friends do their best, but most of them
aren't great listeners so we end up getting off topic and never do find
a solution.  My daughter listens, but I have to wait for her to start
pre-school for hope of any real response.  Consider yourself quite
lucky, Kent.

Jon