[Tutor] WHy use SOAPpy if we can do the things using httplibmoduleRe: How to connect to the SOAP server and make arequest..........

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 28 19:54:39 CET 2006

"Asrarahmed Kadri" <ajkadri at googlemail.com> wrote in message

>I read the URL suggested by Simon, In that URL, it is given how to
>create
> the SOAP ENVELOPE using
> httplib, so why bother about using SOAPpy...??

You can also read web pages using http POST and GET messages
to a socket using the socket library, but most folks find it easier
to use urllib.

For that matter you can display output to sys.stdout, so
why bother with print?

The library functions make things easier and more consistent.
Somebody else has debugged the code so you don't have to...

Alan G.