[Tutor] CGKit

Carlos carloslara at web.de
Tue Oct 3 23:18:39 CEST 2006

Thanks Luke and Kent,

To get CGKit running I need to do two different things:

First the Python Computer Graphics Kit is composed by an
"cgkit-2.0.0alpha6.win32-py2.4.exe" file and some dependencies that are
PyProtocols, numarray, PyOpenGL, PIL, pygame, PyODE and pySerial, with
the exception of PyProtocols I have installed all of them. When I try to
install PyProtocols from the command prompt it tells me that " The .NET
Framework SDK needs to be installed before building extensions for
Python." I went to Microsoft and installed the "Microsoft .NET Framework
SDK v2.0", but the problem persists.

The second part is the Python Maya Plug-In. I think that this is the
tricky one, it is asking me to install Py++, that I have already
installed. Now my problem comes when I have to compile the source code
with Boost.Python, this one asks for Boost Jam and Boost. I have been
trying to install this things but still have no clue at how.

Thanks for your help
Carlos