[Tutor] Best GUI toolkit?

Christopher Hatherly Christopher.Hatherly at anu.edu.au
Thu Oct 19 03:48:18 CEST 2006

Hi Pythonistas,

I'm a newbie. I've worked through some introductory python books, and
feel that I now understand the logic on the coding side enough to make
the application I'm after. However I'm now trying to turn my code into a
(fairly complex) graphical app, and have found both Tkinter and wxPython
to be much more complex than perhaps they need to be (at least for the
beginner. Or perhaps I just haven't yet found a good, easy to follow
tutorial???)

I read somewhere that BoaConstructor was a good alternative. I installed
and had a look, and it seems promising. Just wondering if anyone could
pass on any advice before I leap into it though. Specifically, my app
needs full-screen display of lots of very simple bitmaps with precise
control over display timing (synchronising with vertical refresh etc).
Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks
Chris