[Tutor] Patches

Øyvind python at kapitalisten.no
Thu Jan 4 12:58:33 CET 2007

Hello.

I need to access SMTP with SSL and found this patch:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=305470&aid=1567274&group_id=5470

But, I cannot find anything with Google or in the Python documentation
about how to apply a patch.

Ok, one slight modification. I did find something:

5.2   How do I apply a patch?

For the general case, to apply a patch go to the directory that the patch
was created from (usually /dist/src/) and run:

patch -p0 < name_of_the_patch.diff

The -p option specifies the number of directory separators ("/" in the
case of UNIX) to remove from the paths of the files in the patch. -p0
leaves the paths alone.

from http://www.python.org/dev/faq/#how-do-i-apply-a-patch

But, that didn't tell me anything. I am using Windows, and tried both to
enter that command in the CMD-window, as well as in the Python-IDLE. No
avail.

Is patch a program I have to download somewhere? Or can only patches be
used in Linux?

Thanks in advance.

--
This email has been scanned for viruses & spam by Domenebutikken - www.domenebutikken.no