[Tutor] Find and test a device by MAC address

János Juhász janos.juhasz at VELUX.com
Fri Jan 5 13:19:16 CET 2007

Dear Lumbricus,

> From: lumbricus at gmx.net
> Subject: Re: [Tutor] Find and test a device by  MAC address
> To: tutor at python.org

> Quick and dirty:
> As root:
> and then filter the answers; or build your own arp packets with ARP().

I have an XP, so I made a simple ping for the topmost IP address,
that is the broadcast address in my subnet and I run an arp -a.

Thanks for the hint for scapy.

http://www.secdev.org/projects/scapy/ seems to be very very cool.

Some months earlier someone tried to collect how many application made in
pure python.
The list should be extended with scapy as a pure python application.

Thanks Lumbricus.

Yours sincerely,