[Tutor] Best IDE for Python

Mark Thomas thomas.s.mark at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 11:07:39 CET 2007

On 1/26/07, OkaMthembo <zebra05 at gmail.com> wrote:
> how useable is vim on Windows?

Very! I've used Vim on Windows since the 5.3 version, it only gets
better. Like Alan said there is a learning curve, but once you've "got
it" there is no going back.

> i wish i could learn Unix. which distro do you think is good to learn?

If you just want to have the power of some Unix tools then take a look
at http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/ , they all run fine in the
standard Windows shell. If you want to try a Unix variant then find
one of the many "Live" CD's out there which you can use before you
slice up your disk. I'm a big fan of NetBSD but at the moment I'm
running OpenBSD 4.0 on my PIII laptop and it's very nice.