[Tutor] IDLE Usage - was Interpreter Restarts

Luke Paireepinart rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 07:24:11 CEST 2007

Sara Johnson wrote:
> First off, yes, I was referring to (I guess you could say) a
> non-python editor.  I use an SSH editor set up by my school.  If I
> type python at the prompt in SSH, I get the Python shell.  My problem
> is, I can't open a GUI no matter what I subscribe to or purchase.  I
> have Python 2.3 and yes, I can access the commandline, but that does
> not work the way it's been described to work.
> If this still doesn't make any sense, just ignore me...
I'm not sure what your problem is.  Does the SSH program provide a file
transfer utility? could you write your code on your local computer then
just transfer the final code to the server?  A lot of Python programmers
use Vi for writing their code.  do you have access to that through SSH?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "SSH editor."