[Tutor] IDLE Usage - was Interpreter Restarts

Eric Brunson brunson at brunson.com
Mon Jul 23 18:16:14 CEST 2007

Eric Brunson wrote:
> Alan Gauld wrote:
>
>> "Eric Brunson" <brunson at brunson.com> wrote

>>> You can only see one screen at a time as far as I know.  If you need
>>> split screens, use emacs.
>>>

>> The wiki page shows a split screen session and claims you can
>> split any session or have multiple sessions in split windows.
>>

> Well, if you knew the answer, why'd you ask?

There should have been a smiley after than comment.  :-)

> You're right, I never new you could do that.

It's kinda cool.

I thought the most annoyingly keystroke confusing thing I'd ever do was
when I was writing and debugging an IRC bot.  I had a screen session
with the bot running in one session for debug output, a multi-buffer
emacs session in another editing the bot source and the module source,
and a BitchX session with multiple screens for the python-help channel,
the bot's control channel and the channel the bot was interacting on.
Talk about brain stymie trying to get around in that.

But now I can throw multiple screen regions on top of it all?  That's
awesome!